Sunday, February 21, 2016

Why learn a lenguage?





                                                                                         
Learning a new languages have many advantages, you can be more efficient in the work place and the company may pay you more! On my personal experience learning a second language has been a great opportunity for me. Why? Because I can communicate with more people! I’m bilingual, I can get a better job; especially here in the U.S. where Spanish has become one of the most popular languages lately. I don’t understand when Hispanic families don’t want their kids to learn Spanish, it really bugs me! They can teach it for free when they are little because once they get older is more difficult for them to learn it, their parents don’t even know all the opportunities they take away from their kids. When I was in high school I did the AP Spanish test and I scored 4 points, the maximum were 5, but I got 12 college credits for free, and GCC count them as my foreign language credits; and with those credits I will be getting my certificate in language. Another reason to learn a language is that you think very differently! You can have more perspectives and you develop more criteria, less prejudice about the people who speak that specific language you are learning, you learn different cultures, learning a new language stimulates your brain, global market appreciates more people who is efficient in two or more languages, your creativity increases, recently I was reading that it can help you improving your decision making skills, and you can develop new long term friendships. Learning a new language is kind of hard at the beginning but then it will get easy and then you will enjoy all the benefits of knowing that language! Check out this video!
Why learn a language?



















4 comments:

  1. Hey Ricardo!

    I completely agree that it is good to learn another language (or two, or three...). It opens up so many doors and allows you experience things you might otherwise never have a chance to experience! Even something simple, such as being able to read (and appreciate) Les Misérables in the original French (one of my personal goals).

    Good points, keep it up!

    Ciao,
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the lessons and benefits of knowing a second (or third, etc.) language extend far beyond just one's knowledge of the language.

    On your blog: consider a different text color - the blue on black is very challenging to read. Also, review how to embed a YouTube video in your blog to make it easier for reader to view easily within your post. I'm here if you need help to make these changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree with you knowing a second language you have better opportunity in the work field, or socializing with other people. I am also planning on getting my certificate on Spanish this semester. Spanish was my first language but i am language how to write and read better to get fluent with Spanish. Good luck on your studies. I really enjoy the video you shared it is very education and entertainment. It said the main key points why learning language is beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in Arizona being bilingual gives that persona a huge advantage.

    You are right the older you are the harder is to learn a language.

    My reasoning for that is because whatever rules you follow in your native language you will be so use t it that when you try to learn a second one with different rules its hard to adjust.

    ReplyDelete